Wednesday, June 20, 2007

summertime livin' ain't easy

HEY

So I went to Florida a couple weeks ago. Had a lot of fun and got a tan! And played tennis..and went to universal and islands of adventure parks..and went to cocoa beach.. and went to seaworld to see SHAMU.
And it rained.

So I've had 2 weeks back and now getting ready to go back to NewOrleans on saturday. We leaving at 8 am. Its kinda strange for me to be so passionate about something this long. Usually it wears off but I'm still in love with N.O. just as much as when I was there the first time. I just pray (and hope you guys will too) that everyone gets along well and works well together, and doesnt get hurt! And I also pray that everyone who goes down seeking to serve people will be blessed, and also those being served will also be blessd and feel so LOVED! I'm so frustrated right now that the devastations down there are not on the news anymore. Not many know how bad it still is. I think a lot more people would be down to help if they did know.
By the way... as of now I am still wanting to take another trip either the 1st or 2nd week of August (there are 3 others going so far). So PLEASE if you are (or know of anyone that is) at all interested let me know. It has really changed my life. No cost for food or housing once we get down there... we only have to pay our way there and back (which would be price of gas).

In other news... school is coming along. Last week I registered for classes and got fitted for my awesome uniform (awesome as in not awesome). It will be a little crazy adjusting to my schedule at first, but like anything else, I guess you get used to it.
I've started training K.young to take my place when i leave my job (which will be when i start school). My mom has tried talking me into staying a number of times but this is the plan and we are sticking to it. I'm still thinking about trying to get a hospital job during school, maybe just weekends or something, but we'll see.

The summer is going by so fast already!! I start school Aug 15 so that doesnt leave me a whole lot of time. But I have been off since april, so I guess its fair :)

Love you all. If you read this and I havent heard from you in awhile...please let me know you are still alive!!

oh yeah..one more thing...
COME TO NEW ORLEANS WITH ME. It will change your life.
:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, tell your mom thanks again for working on my dad. He's still a little gimped up, so it must be something pretty serious. It was fun catching up with your family and hanging out for a couple hours. Have fun in N.O., and I'll see ya when you get back!

Anonymous said...

dont forget to make time in your busy schedule this fall for me and baby o............and if you need some place to study or sleep remember we are five minutes away, i have an extra key!