Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Its November?!

I've been on nightshift for 3 weeks now I think. HOnestly most of the time I dont even know what day it is. Working has been fine. STaying up isnt a problem because there are always things to do.. its when I'm off that ruins me. If I work 2 nights in a row, I pretty much sleep all day in between. But its hard knowing how to sleep when I;m off the next night. Like today.. worked last night and off tonight so I tried to only sleep like 4-5 hrs so that I'll be able to sleep tonight like a normal person. But then I work again tomrrow night so its like I guess ill just nap sometime tomororw before I go in? Still working on this schedule. BUt if I only sleep a few hrs I am like useless all day. I have no energy but am bored of doing nothing! I hear working nights for however long takes years off your life- Ihope thats not true! I dont know how long I'll be on this shift, but I know dayshift will be so different it will be hard to switch. And the pay difference is awesome! -- definitly incentive to stay for awhile.
Marriage is good. This schedule in marriage sucks. Some days I get to see travis for about an hour in the evening for dinner.. i try to prepare before he gets home... then I go off to work. and If I'm lucky I can see him in passing when I get home before he leaves if I book it out of work.. which isnt always possible. But the brightside is I currently work 3d/wk so we have 2 evenings we can spend together and i get up with him on the mornings I'm off. And the wkends have slowed down so at least we have those too.
I really cant believe its november already. Its like the days are just passing.
I miss my friends! The couple friend dates I've made lately I've slept through my alarm and missed! dang nightshift. I did get to see baby jack and the beautiful family.

Ok going to get new tires and force myself to workout-- been swimming lately.. its the only thing I can motivate myself to do that is active :)
love you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we are always here if you are looking for something to do! love you!

Tracy said...

Life goes on.. There is always somethings you wanted to do..Go for it! Love you :)