Wednesday, December 01, 2004

power

Philippians 1:20-24 (Living Bible)

For I live in eager expectation and hope that I will never do anything that will cause me to be ashamed of myself but that I will always be ready to speak out boldly for Christ while I am going through all these trials here, just as I have in the past; and that I will always be an honor to Christ; whether I live or whether I must die. For to me, living means opportunities for Christ, and dying- well, that's better yet! But if living will give me more opportunities to win people to Christ, then I really dont know which is better, to live or die! Somtimes I want to live and at other times I dont, for I long to go and be with Christ. How much happier for me than being here! But the fact is that I can be of more help to you by staying!
_____________________________________________________________________

I've been really into praying lately. It's been so awesome. Every day I have like 4 or 5 different people in mind to pray for- and I write them on my hand or something so that every time i remember throughout the day I will pray for them. What is more of a blessing than praying for someone? (besides being prayed for). I encourage anyone that may read this to think more seriously about prayer and how powerful it really is. Think of all the unsaved, and the many that may be lonely or just need encouragement or a friend to talk to. Never forget to pray for them! Even the people that seem like they've got it all together need prayer. Nobody is perfect. Thank you Lord for allowing us to come and talk to you!

1 comment:

alycepaige said...

i am glad that God is building up in your a desire and passion for prayer...it is the most essential aspect of christianity. how will you know what He wants you to do if you arent listening to Him. I am thankful for your sweet and submissive spirit. continue to grow in praying for others and also tone up your listening skills in the process!!! you are beautiful sabeth. you are growing so much and it is a joy to watch. continue to draw close to Him and He will show you how close He really is.