Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Dreams...

So today I don't want to be a nurse. Today I want to travel and take pictures of everything I see. I was looking up mission trips today. I haven't found any that I am particularly passionate about. All of them are about going somewhere to help out with local churches and walk around to talk to people about God. Which is great and all but not what I'm interested in. I want to go somewhere and actually DO something.. like KHO... fix up or build a house.. something to do with physical labor. Some may think I'm crazy but I love it. I loved KHO and I think that serving like that speaks so much louder than any words that could be said. And I want to go out of the country because I adore different cultures and people and their ways of life. Of course I went into nursing wanting to work with kids and help people but I am growing so impatient!! This "2 year" program is turning out to be so much longer and I just dont know if I have the pertinacity (yes, big word, be proud... sorry if I used it wrong) to stay with it for that long!!
I know what some of you will say "Then go travel and take pictures!!" But its not that easy. You need money to travel. You need a job to make a living. Someday I'll live out my dreams... but for now I'll tread on where I am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yup.

But don't wait too long to chase those dreams. It won't be any easier to catch them 4 or 5 years from now... trust me.