Thursday, December 18, 2008

AGAIN!!

SO.... we went wedding dress shopping yesterday! My mom, lindsay and my grandma from colorado were with me. It was fun but also made me anxious. We went to Davids bridal and I tried alot on. I liked almost all of them and ended up with a top 3 with 2 others on my mind. But honestly I never had a "THIS ONE IS IT!" moment with any of them... maybe my expectations were too high? or too low? or maybe I didnt have any and that was the problem? When I went home, though, i kept on thinking about the 2nd dress that I had tried on that I really liked but the color of the beading was different than what I would prefer. But thinking about it and looking at it in the magazine and looking it up online again.... I think it may jsut be my top favorite.. and to think it wasnt even in my top 3! This is crazy that I am buying a wedding dress. I was watching some wedding shows on tv today and I was just not excited at all... it sounds horrible. I hate planning... I hate having all the attention on me... I'm not a good dancer (which kinda terrifies me). The more i htink about it the more I wish I would have gone with my initial gut instinct to do a destination wedding and invite only fam and close friends. I hate the fact that there will be people at my wedding that I really dont care are there... that I have to invite bc my mom is friends with them or bc we have known them my whole life. So enough about all that... even I am getting sick of hearin and talking about it!!! Life will be a big adjustment for me when we are married... i know a lot of things will hit me hard. But I think I am ready.... as much as I could think I am ready I guess. I have a brilliant man who loves me and would do absolutely anything for me... and whom I also love unconditionally (which is a miracle for me to find someone and not want to run away). He is responsible and smart with money and will take care of me and teach me a lot about being an adult and not living in a house full of people as the youngest child. I'm ready for it because I love him and life brings change and blessings and its time for me to live my own life and stop living inside of others. Not to say I wont still have a life with friends and family... i just mean it will be MY life... I mean OUR life. We will be starting a family with me and him. You dont have to have children for it to be a family. and i will be with him "until death do us part" because I CHOOSE him. We choose eachother. We understand that love is not only a feeling it is a choice. If I could only get one thing out of marriage, it would be that through loving Travis and being loved in return, I would somehow come close to wrapping my mind around God's unconditional love for us.

Christmas is coming. Be joyful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrea wanted you to know that she hated planning as well. What you said lines up perfectly with how she felt when planning.

As far as the dancing thing goes, it's not a big deal. I hadn't danced at all until my wedding day, and then I had to dance with both Andrea and then my mom! But there is something special about your wedding day, and when you're on stage in front of all those people, they don't even matter. Our wedding was very small (only about 50 people), but it could've been 500 people and it wouldn't have made a difference.

If we were able to plan our wedding in four months via long-distance and have it turn out so wonderfully beautiful as it did, I'm sure you're day will be beautiful as well. Just hang in there, because when it's done you'll be able to sleep again!

workinprogress said...

i never had "this is the one" while trying on dresses. I had moments of "I really like these 2 or 3!" Keep track of what you like and just try them on several times. Oh, and try them on in different sizes. honestly, it makes a huge difference!
Try not to kill anybody while planning your wedding and just realize they're probably just as stressed as you are. And in the end, most things won't make a huge difference because you'll just be so happy that you're married.
call me if you need to vent!
love, m&m