Monday, October 24, 2005

i hate when people die

So I just found out that this guy (Jamie) that was like part of our family died this morning. He was 35 years old and had downsyndrome. He was the one of the sweetest people I've ever known. He always hugged everyone whenever he came around... he tried to play guitar and sing (he just strummed and we couldnt really understand what he was saying..but it was funny). He absolutely adored my mom. My parents went to see him last night because they hadnt in awhile and my mom said he seemed fine..like he wasnt even sick at all... showing them around the home.. introducing friends. Then my mom gets a call this morning from my grandpa (he takes care of Jamie's grandma) saying that Jamie had a seizure early this morning and died. I am absolutely shocked... this has really hit me harder than i thought it would. His grandma is really old-- she's the one that basically took care of him when he wasnt in the home cuz both his parents died when he was younger. I dont think she'll live very long now bc he was her life. His funeral is friday and I'll probbaly skip my 11am class to go. I hate funerals. i hate death.
But he has a new body now.. no more downsyndrome.

On a not-depressing note... this week should be good... good meaning better than last week. Last thurs i took my english midterm and tomorrow I'm going in for a 5 min conference with the prof... so i dont have to be there till 11:45.. which rocks my world. Unless i go to chapel at 10. And I dont have class thursday bc he will still have conferences. I'm excited. I'm not exactly fond of that class.
And I get to go to prayer meeting wednesday- bc the kid i babysit for will be out of town.
My ACTS midterm is wednesday.. sorta scared. But i think i will do well.
Then the funeral friday, hayride saturday, helping out with movie night sunday (if yall need it), and halloween is already monday!
This is random but my grandpaernts are coming in for thanksgiving on nov. 7! I havent seen them in like 2 years. And we are all going to georgia for thanksgivng to see other family. Should be fun.
I hope you enjoyed my update.
love you.


i want a bee beard

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sry for about ur friend....

by the way...u rock :)

Kristin said...

lots of special prayers for you and your family and friends