Sunday, January 29, 2006

life with a spirit of renewal

So I was listening to another Rob Bell sermon called “Lose Your Life to Find it”.
Skipping to the point I got from it: Sometimes there are moments in life when you wish everything and everyone would go back to how things used to be. How much of our lives do we waste thinking about how things used to be? Well… things are never gonna go back to how they used to be. They arent because we have all changed, the places, people, circumstances, relationships, lives, have changed. Everything is different. Its impossible to go back. Why would we even want to go back when there is so much good stuff ahead? If we keep looking back, we’ll begin missing what God’s doing in our lifves today. We need to ask God for a spirit to live for today. To be fully present today in everything that we do. In this place, this moment, these people.
Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. (matt 10:39)
So… it can’t ever be how it was. But it CAN be better (wow I‘m preaching to myself here..) . We just have to embrace it and listen as to what to do next.

God did not give us a Spirit of timidity- fear, regret, wishing…. Give it all up to Him.


[Enter your name here]: it is time to lose your life so that you can find it. It is time to let go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah...Wow! I really needed that. Thanks for posting it. It really made me think. It also encouraged me to enjoy my life just as it is. Cause really, where I am is right were I need to be. Thanks a bunch!

Kristin said...

you're the best buddy. i too needed to hear that one. thanks for listening to God and letting him work through you. love ya girly!