Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Appointment today

So my drain stopped draining for a few days after the last post so I was thinking maybe it isn't a fistula and that they could remove the tube earlier than expected. Well like 5 days ago it started draining again more than before and now we know it is a fistula. I went to the doc today and I am now scheduled for surgery on Friday, July 29. The doc said since it is a fistula (causing a hole in the bowel- which is draining into the tube) it would be most safe to open me up for surgery because of all the scar tissue that will be there bc the ruptured appendix. ANd now surgery will be taking out a piece of my bowel where the appendix was attached to and now has a hole. He said this will not have any long term effects like with bowel function or anything. I was hoping for a laparoscopic surgery bc that is just little holes and not an incision. Also less recovery time. But more than just the scar it will cause I am nervous about recovery. I know its not a terrible surgery but just the fact of having surgery makes me nervous... and I'll be in the hospital probably 6 days for recovery. And off work 4 wks after... for a grand total of being off work for roughly 16 weeks! Thank the Lord for the job that I have bc I am getting a percentage of my pay every 2 weeks. I am so thankful for that. This whole thing has been going on for so long now but at least there is an end in sight (as long as everything goes well!)

The doc said for having a fistula it is not draining as much as expected and there is a possibility of it healing on its own. If that happens there is a chance that they could pull the tube earlier and I could have laparoscopic surgery just to remove the rest of the appendix. So please please PLEASE!! continue to pray and that God would heal up the fistula and hole in the bowel. God is in control of all of this and can do miracles!

At least I've had this little sucker to keep my mind off of it all:







Don't let the sweet face fool you. He's a fiesty little thing. Its like babysitting a kid in their "terrible two" stage. He's sweet one minute and biting my hand the next. But he is smart and learning. He knows his name and "come". He has been a lot of fun. We are working on "sit" and walking on the leash. And wow... puppy farts are the absolute worst!

1 comment:

alycepaige said...

that little guy looks like trouble. I am not sure I will ever want a puppy again...i like my show collection =)
you are really having a time with this illness eh....sucks for you and i am so sorry. Hope you are 100% soon! Love you Sista