Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Latest update...

I went to Dr. yesterday and he scheduled me an appt today with radiology to see if my drain tube could come out. So I went today and the plan was to inject dye into my drain port and take xrays to make sure the abscess and infection is all gone. Well, the abscess is not there anymore but when he injected the dye it lit up what looked to be the small bowel. This is something they warned me about so I wasnt completely surprised... but very disappointed. Ths means I have developed a fistula meaning the tube has attached itslef to the bowel and if they pulled the drain out it could cause a hole in the intestine plus more infection. He said the drain may have to stay in until I have surgery which probably won't be for 2-3 months. There is a small possibility that when I go in for my next appt in 2 weeks they will do a catscan and see that things have healed up or its not a fistula and could possibly pull it out then. But as for now it looks like I will be attached to my unfortunate buddy for maybe a couple of months. As far as I know they won't let me go back to work until I get it out.. but I'm not completely sure on these details yet. I'm not completely on "house arrest" though... they are saying my activity is as tolerated... except for like swimming, of course, or roller coasters or biking. But I can SIT by the pool and take walks and maybe even go camping. So today I've already had my down moments to be sad about it but have since thought about all the things I can and will do. Like enjoy time with my new puppy we are getting on Saturday... which will actually be good bc he will need that one-on-one time for his first few weeks... and I'll be off work. Through all this I keep telling myself there are people going through SOOO much worse than this. And this will pass. God has really shown himself to me through all of this. Probably because I have actually been watching and listening.. and CRAVING him. I am so humbled by Him. Maybe that is why all this has happened anyway. Wake up calls come in all forms. And one day soon I will be healed.

No comments: