Friday, December 23, 2005

happy hanukah

So I guess its time for another lame post.
I'm on Christmas break which is awesome. NO MORE FINALS. Until next semester.
Let's see...
We went to the lebanon animal shelter today... so sad.. iwant to take home every animal there. We (lindsay and I) found a dog we love. It was like a golden retriever mix i think, 8 months old named Charlie. How cute is that? I've wanted a dog named that. The reason it was given up was bc he was too hyper... carol and anyone else around judah can vouch that any puppy has a ton of energy. Its sad that those people couldnt just train him. We also walked by the kittens and there was one named Josh... haha..how weird is that? Who takes a kitten home like "hmm... I think I'll name this one Josh.. sounds like a great cat name." Linz and I decided I would be a good cat owner... hmm..
Movies: I went to see Dick and Jane today.. pretty funny. I love Jim Carrey.
Though I would have to say that Just Friends was probably the funniest movie I've seen all year, so far. Or close to it at least.
Music: I'm still totally into Eisley. They just have this mesmerizing sound that I cant get away from. I'm in love.
Issues: Still there, I just choose to ignore them. Maybe not even choose... it just happens because I'm not exactly sure what to do. But actually... I THANK GOD for what we've all been going through because so many people are growing and finding themselves through all of this. And I think we've all grown as friends too. I'm so blessed to have such awesome friends.

So christmas is almost here. I think the "Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays" rivalry thing is fading. I called Walmart the other day to ask about something and the lady said "Merry Christmas, this is walmart, how can I help you?" My mom said they probably have to say it now because of all the boycotts. But whatever... that issue is dying down I think.. Lets face it people.. whether people say merry christmas or not.. it still doesnt mean they understnad the meaning of christmas. So shouldnt we be more focused on showing them the meaning, instead of attacking them for what they say? I'm done.. theres been too much said about this issue already..

so MERRY CHRISTMAS. Happy Birthday Jesus (who's actual birth most likely wasnt the 25th of december.. )
Lets celebrate his birthday by putting small lights around a pine tree, eating a lot of junk food, and giving eachother gifts :)
so where the heck did we get santa and pine trees? Jesus...santa...trees...i dont really see an obvious connection here.

I'm growing bored.


i still can't resist the jimmy fallon

2 comments:

alycepaige said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

alycepaige said...

hey are you planning girls nite?