Saturday, December 31, 2005

learning to overcome

Today I went running... yes, outside.. cold with wind blowing me like crazy. I've been running on this track this week at a park on tylersville.. i absolutely love it. Its quiet and serene and its just gorgeous with a huge pond in the middle and hills all around. Its like the only quiet place within the loud business of the mason/westchester area.
I love going there because its like my time to get away and usually i talk to God about the issues going on in my head. I've really been slacking on God-communication the past few months so this week has been refreshing.
So I was walking/running this 1.5 mile track, enjoying the nature around me, talking to God...asking him why I feel like its so hard to hear him. I released more frusterations on the way....
so here's the point of all this..
by the end of the run he was telling me that we will always encounter opposition and trials. Sometimes they will be so freaking hard for us that we feel as though we're gonna get knocked down and never be brought back up. We can either choose to fight through it...using God's strength to help us overcome whatever's against us, or we can give up, lose the fight and feel like crap for it. But if we choose to fight through it, in the end there will be a sweet reward. But we may not see it for awhile. The trials may last a while, seem to die down, then come back full force once again. And we may feel like all our strength and care is gone... thats when we should be desperate for God's help in the situation.. and decide to make it a team effort with Him, instead to fight it out alone and end up giving up. When we fight using God's strength we WILL overcome and grow stronger in the end.

So I'm definitly not saying I'm to that fighting point yet. But I'm sort of working towards it I guess. I'm not really even sure how to fight through everything. So as for now, I've stayed numb to it all so that I dont have to deal with it. I guess if I become smart enough to stay in constant communication with God, he will teach me how I can overcome.



"Goodnight she said, I'm gonna start a revolution. And you can be the start of it, it's in my head"

No comments: