Sunday, June 28, 2009

i need idea help

I've been trying to think of a differnt guest book idea. I have been thinking of doing a pic in a large frame and having everyone sign it.. but with almost 400 people there it may be difficult to fit everyones name :)
What I really want to do is like take a pic of the guest families as they come in and make a book where they can sign their name and maybe write advice or something.. and put the pics next to it. Polaroid film is too expensive so maybe I could just have someone use my digital and ill print them out later. But that may be too much trouble! And could still get expensive with so many people and pictures!! I dont know what to do I just dont want to have a boring sign in book that will be stored away in a closet that I will never look at again.

Also, anyone seen any cute wedding hairstyles lately :) ?? Since it will be aug and hot I will probably go with up-hair (not originally preferred).

I hate these decisions! I just want to have everythng ready. Oh and invites for parties should be out soon. And since nobody let me know about days I shouldnt have it I guess you'll just have to deal with whatever day it is :)

Chrissi I wish you could be here!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the picture or is awesome but that may be a big undertaking and something you may not want to worry about that day. What about having people write their advice or share their stories of love and marriage along with signing in. or have each page in the book devoted to a different and family topic, people could write comments or advice or something silly. You may want to leave it out the whole reception so people can share. I dont know..........i just had a guest book. 400 is alot of people! also, if you havent already, go by joseph beth and get a couple wedding hairstyle magazines.
love you! miss you! come see us soon!

Anonymous said...

i dont know what happened to some of my words.......but that was "picture idea" and later "marriage and family topic". hopefully you got that!

alycepaige said...

I love the polaroid idea. I really wish I could be there for you. Maybe ill be home in time for the baby shower!! lol =)
you can always research on "the knot" because they always have really cute ideas. Maybe look into mini-polaroids rather than the big ones. I know they exist because I have seen them plus they are stickers too. Have you looked into maybe renting a "photo booth" at your wedding? I have seen that before too, then they can get in there and take pictures for themselves and for guest book and have them print right away. nats friend tom did that...i thought it was awesome. Ill try to find website--but again, most likely on "the knot"

Anonymous said...

It may sound weird.... You could include a square piece of fabric either in the invitation to the shower or the wedding and ask people to decorate with a special memory of you and Travis. afterwards, you make a quilt with all the squares. or you could have it at your shower with paints and stuff on the tables. after it is a quilt you could hang it on the way or actually use it as a quilt.
cheryl

alycepaige said...

come to any conclusions yet?