Monday, June 15, 2009

I see the light!

Four more days and counting!! (till graduation) I only have one more thing to do for school.. which is a 2 hr discussion on wed i think to help us "debrief" after the last 2 years. I also have to complete like 800 more practice questions before they let me sit for state boards. But I can actually breathe now... no more papers, tests, speeches, activities! I just finished my 6 weeks of working with a preceptor at the hospital on sunday. I am so glad to be finished, but it was a really good experience. On the last day I had a patient write me (andn some other nurses) some poems. The first time I've ever had a poem written for me i think. It was really funny but sweet. He was a very joyful person for being in the hospital with a heart issue. He let everyone know that he was saved by grace and that he knew God was looking for someone strong to give this disease to and chose him to have this disease because he knew he was strong enough to push through it and still be a great testimony for the Lord. How awesome is that? It was great to have him around.. even though he wasnt my patient. Its rare to come across someone like that on a heart unit at the hospital. Very refreshing. Oh and before I left he asked if he could pray for me so we closed his door and he did. We prayed as he sat in his hospital bed and I stood beside him holding his hand. What a sweet ending to my time there. It was odd though, as I thought about it, that he was the one in the hospital but asked to pray for ME. Its amazing to me how God shows up sometimes.

So I have almost 2 months left until I am married. How crazy is that? Travis moves into our place this saturday, which will be nice bc I am going to move some of my stuff in now, not to have to worry about so much later. I'm really excited to have our girls night there once he gets all moved in! I will let you all know a showerish/party thing date once I figure it all out. Are there any wkends like the end of june/all of july that wouldnt work for anyone? Let me know!

I love you! I will post my poems from that guy later.
Chrissi hope you are enjoynig australia! I would love to hear if youve picked up an accent yet :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so proud of you! love you!

alycepaige said...

aww thanks for the update!! No accent yet..I am rebelling. I sound "cooler" as an American, you know me...always want to be part of the cool crowd! =)

Cindy said...

I so felt like singing "It's the final countdown" after reading your entry.

I'm so stoked for you!

Anonymous said...

I'd imagine you had quite a few poems written for you, but none of the guys had the guts to give them to you.

I can think of at least one instance myself.. gosh that's embarrassing.

I'll post anonymously ;-)