Sunday, November 27, 2005

rundowntown

I was told to journal my Georgia journey this week...

Tuesday: we (mom,dad, i) left the 'nati around8:30a, arrived at our destination in georgia around 5p. We met the gparents at hotel and went to eat at macaroni grill. They used to live here like 12 years ago and my grandma hadnt seen her sister since then... and she got to spend 3 days with her before we got there. They had sucha great time together.
highlight of tuesday: my gma fell in love with our 17-18 year old waiter from mac grill- ha.. she got his addressso that she can write him or something? I wouldnt doubt if she and g-pa send him money to go to culinary school. Oh g-parents. They are too funny.
Wednesday: we visited my g-mas cousin and uncle (who is 90-something) and other family. It was such a great reunion. (I had never met them before). It had been over 40 years since my g-ma had seen her uncle! Then we went to see where my g-pa grew up and its funny because he still remembered his way around those parts... its been years since hes been back.
Thursday: thanksgiving at my dad's cousins house... saw more of his couisns and their parents (my g-mas sister and hub). The outlets opened at midnight so of course me, my bro and the only 2 cousins there our age took advantage of that one. But it was so incredibly packed! Gap had like an hour wait line and there was like no room to move. Absolutely craziness.. but fun.. we got back to the hotel around 3:30a.
Friday: pretty much the same as thursday, hung out at my dads cousins house. Good homemade ice cream!
Saturday: woke at 430a to take the g-parents to the airport and start our journey home. We got back around 3-something pm.

And thats that.

I'm glad to be home. I've been looking forward to this week to be over bc its like i havent had a not-busy wekend since... well since school started i guess. And this weekend i have NO plans.. yet... but if i make some at least it will be something i want to do.. something relaxing for sure.

I'm really missing my girls. we HAVE to get together soon! So to reiterate... CAROL AND CHERYL.. you have to provide some dates taht would suit you best and we'll go from there... cuz you all seem to be the busiest.. in a few weeks we'll have christmas break so that frees up a lot of time for some of us that would have to worry about school nonsense. So yes... girls night.. i have been craving one for awhile. lets do this :)

life is... good. To end on a cheezy "thanksgiving" note... I am so incredibly thankful for my beautiful, loving family, and absolutely wonderful friends.

you're loved..i hope you know it.



"Yes.. i have a craving for puttin some bees in my mouth"

1 comment:

Kristin said...

i'm in on girls' night. yay!!! i'm excited.