Thursday, March 23, 2006

The Age of Innocence

So today i was just doing nothing when the mail arrived.. little did I know at the time that it would completely change my life! So I recieved a letter that I initially thought was from world vision. As I looked closer at the picture staring at me from the plastic on the inside, I realized that it was my picture that i had entered in an online contest a few months ago. I quickly opened the letter that said my picture was advancing to the final competition to be held this summer... which has a great chance of winning one of over 114 cash or gift prizes.. including the $1,000 Grand Prize!! or the $10,000 annual grand prize!! I know that I'm no great photographer or anything (yet:) and that this is just a small amateur contest, but I am so excited!! The coolest part is that my photo is getting published in a photo book called "Endless Journeys". I know my photo will just be lost in this sea of beautiful pictures... so its not like mine is extra special..but it is still something to be proud of. and I am very proud!! but it didnt actually change my life... i was exaggerating at the beginning of this rambling nonsense. I have already posted this pic on here but just so you can see which one it is I'll post again...

These children are absolutely beautiful. I didn't even tell them to stand like that.. they did it themselves. Oh how I want to go back to Dominica!!!

My brother is getting married in just 5 weeks!! I cant believe that at all. They are still looking for an apartment. Lindsay and Daniel are supposed to be moving back in around May-ish..? I love having my family here.. but if Brett and Trishia arent out by the time linz and dan move in... I'll be getting out of here. I'll stay at the g-parents or soemthing. But theres no way i could handle all of them in one house. Arent they cute?...........
(Yes i took this one too!)

Sorry Its been awhile since I've posted. I just havent really been in the mood i guess lately. But I still think of you all often!
I love you and
you know it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That's pretty cool!

Kristin said...

yay sa!