Wednesday, August 10, 2005

music and messages

So I went to see coldplay tonight at riverbend. It was really cool. I have never been to a concert there before....definitly an experience. Contrary to beliefs from some that said it would be a nice nap time.... it was a GREAT concert. But I love coldplay so of course it was cool. There arent many groups these days that sound good in concert-- they sounded as good or better than on cd. They bring in such a diverse crowd. It was crazy. But awesome. And we saw some limos pulling out beside us on the way out...I swear it was Gwyneth paltrow (chris martin--lead singer-'s wife) and daughter apple. So that was cool too. It was great to be able to spend time with my brother. he is such a great guy, and brother. We got to talk a lot tonight about many different things. I love spending time with him. He actually bought me this coldplay ticket for graduation. Of any of my family or friends, he was probably the best person to go with to this concert. It was a lot of fun.

Off topic....
I hate how people put God in a box. It's frusterating. Like those people that say,"God hates fags and everyone that supports them". Also the old school preachers that are so strict on the way they live... this pastor guy is speaking a few days this week at my Gpa's church for their revival. I went last night and he's just so....i dont even know.... for example... He mentioned that years ago he went to take his children to the pool. He got there and realized how bad it was for him to be there with half dressed women, and how atrocious it was for men and women to be swimming in the same pool together.... it was just craziness. What was he thinking it would be like on the way to the pool? Everyone wearing baptism robes? Come on now... its a pool!! Anyways, he said that they left immediately and never went back. I understand that people have different limits. But temptations for some people are nothing for others. How can you tell people to not wear bathing suits in front of others or to swim with the opposite sex? That may be your problem...but dont start judging others bc its a problem for you. He also said something about this guy that got saved at his friend's church had long hair and his cheek pierced and they thought he should cut his hair and take out the earring after he got saved. Whats wrong with long hair? Jesus had long hair! I know we are living in a much different society than Jesus, but still... just bc a male has long hair, or a person has piercings or looks dirty, doesnt mean they are a bad person, or havent fully committed their life to christ. It just makes me mad how some people judge others. I know this preacher has a great heart and just wants to help people get on the right track... but help them get on the RIGHT track.... not YOURS. Is he a better christian than me becuase he doesnt ever listen to secular or "rock" music and goes to church on sunday nights? I'm sorry... just listening to him last night got me a lot more than a little fired up. I just hate when people restrict God. Remember HE's the one that got in trouble for hangin out with the sinners! Do you think he shied away from people bc of the way they looked or acted? Did he look down on them because they were gamblers or slept around or had lots of earrings? Heck no he didnt! He loves all of his people so much. And he welcomes us all with open arms into his presence. ESPECIALLY the ones that some may deem as unworthy. I am SO unworthy of his love, yet so precious in HIS sight. And that I know as a fact. I could not live without knowing about Christ's unfathomable love for me. He is so great... someday I will learn to not take his love so much for granted. I didnt mean to preach a sermon... thats just been on my heart a lot lately. I love you all... goodnight my lovelies!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I am so glad you had a good time at the Coldplay concert! How fun!Did you take any pictures? I really love what you said about people putting God in a box. It drives me nuts to! I think I could type about this all day but I will just say I agree with you 100% and leave it at that. I love reading your Blog's. You have such amazing insight. I know adults who don't see things as vivid and clear as you do. Kind of like the preacher you were talking about. Love ya!

alycepaige said...

i love you girl. i agree with katie. it is such a blessing to learn "grace" at such a crucial time in life. just try to keep an open mind to both sides...that will keep you from becoming bitter.

Anonymous said...

If you are alone, call this number 800-211-9293. Connect with Real Singles from your local area instantly for only $0.99/min with a $4.99 connection fee. A true Match is only one phone call away 800-211-9293. Meet people with common interests and desires now. Check it out. 800-211-9293

Anonymous said...

^ what the crap....

alycepaige said...

that comment was so RANDOM!!! definately needs to go into the random book!!
i seriously laughed out loud!!

SarahBethWhite said...

how did he know I am alone? This must be a message from GOD!! I gotta go call this guy...!!

Anonymous said...

Not quite sure how I stumbled onto your blog...I really connected with what you said about christians judging other christians. I grew up in a really rigid Christian school and church and looking back it's hard to believe how nasty Christians can be. Thankfully God brought me out of there and showed me his wonderful grace! Now I spend most of my life working to undo the damage done by 'well meaning' but destructive legalistic christians. I meet people all the time that want nothing to do with God because some Christian told them that they were evil and God hated them and they were going to Hell if they didn't clean up their act. So sad, but God uses even the negative things to bring people to himself. Great blog!