Sunday, October 24, 2004

this is love

The last song I posted was my 2nd favorite song of all time, this is my definite favorite ever...


This Is Love by Cool Hand Luke

Is this love
or something to think of?

We fool ourselves for comfort,
We're swayed by every wind.
And if this isn't true love,
then we can just pretend.
But what is love?

This is love
that you would die for me.

Is this real
or something to feel?

Confused by our emotions,
confused by what we see.
We trade in our patience,
for false security.
But is this love?

This is love,
that you would die for me.

When I'm falling down,
you save me.
_________________________________________________________________
Romans 3:31- "Only when we trust Jesus can we truly obey him."

Romans 4:4,5- "...being saved is a gift; if a person could earn it by being good, then it wouldn't be free- but it is! For God declares sinners to be good in his sight if they have faith in Christ to save them from God's wrath.

Romans 5:1- "Since we have been made right in God's sight by faith in his promises, we can have real peace with him because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us."
_________________________________________________________________
I want to be a good person. I want to be a leader. I am lazy. I don't follow through. i am indecisive- I am the baby of the family. Yes, lame excuse. I want to get into people's minds, I love to figure people out.

I want to be someone people can feel comfortable talking to. I dont want to be someone that doesn't take good advice when I need it-but that's who I am.

A friend of mine bugs me so much because I can always tell when she really needs to talk about it but it's so freakin hard to get her to talk, but she eventually will. So that happened tonight and i didnt get a chance to really talk to her- I'll have to call her tomorrow- it's really irritating.

Random, I know...

Isn't God's grace unbelievable? I hate that i take it for granted so much. Someday I'll learn.

2 comments:

SarahBethWhite said...

Oh me too... they're wicked awesome!

alycepaige said...

sa, i love you, you are growing and learning so much and i am so proud of you...i feel priviledged to be your friend!!! love you so much girlfriend!!