Friday, June 10, 2005

lets have a girls night...

yes I've slacked a few days. THere is no way i could write every day- I'm really not that interesting, i promise you.
I love my friends. THeres not a specific reason i say that- I just felt like it. They are ALL fun to talk to. And eat ice cream with, and lay out in the sun with, and watch movies, stay up late, gossip about boys with(cuz i do that ALL the time :) you know it).
By the way... when is our next girls night/80s movie night/pool party/blue ice cream run?
I wish people were more passionate about thigns. Especially myself. It makes life so much more fun and interesting. If only i were passionate about my future plans... what i wish to achieve in college... I hate it. Why even choose a major if most likely i will change it anywyas? I know Ive vented about this before on here. BUt it just irritates me. Its more frusterating to me i guess. Beacuase i really dont know what to do about it. I sincerely have no clue what to study in college. The question i usually get after that is "well do you have any interests?" Well of course I do! I AM a living, breathing human being. I'm not a freakin robot. BUt just because Im interested in something dosent mean i want to make a career out of it for the rest of my life. I like to people watch- is there a career centered around that? If there is, please let me know (did you sense the eye rolling?). I dont know. and Frankly, who cares right now. Yea, yea... I'll figure it all out... trying ot listen to my own advice.
You know whats really humorous to me? How there are so many people with blog accounts now- thanks to chrissi alice. Its funner now that there are more people circulating around here.. and more fun stuff to read and cute pics. I need to get the ball rolling on putting pics on here. ( i just used a cliche phrase... ha ... i hate cliches).

You know what I love? Romans- in the bible. Especially from the Living Bible...
"...For we dont even know wat we should pray for, nor how to pray as we should; but the Holy Spirit prays for us with such feeling that it cannot be expressed in words."
Incredible.
I've really fallen out of reading lately. I dont know.. i just havent had that desire like i used to. I'm trying to get back into it. I really need my quiet time back.

I love you all.

1 comment:

alycepaige said...

i have a great idea!!! i know this may seem a little off, and something that the rest of society would dub insane. DONT GO TO COLLEGE...yet. Why dont you travel? Go around Europe and take beautiful pictures. I am sure that your brother would love to go with you too!! Take out a loan, as you would if you were going to college and spend a year doing somethings you really want to do. Go to Australia. Go to Italy. Live in a city you like. There is no rush to get an education in a career that you may not want to do once you graduate...its sorta a waste. College is great and you will learn so much!! Go to college, but make a very conscieous effort to study abroad, go on lots of mission trips, and lots of random road trips. I am 26, with a college degree, and still dont know what i want to do. i am glad i went to college but i wish now i would have done it differently. my degree is being used, in one way or the other, but i wish i had a better grasp on my true desires (that i learn through travelling).
its just an idea....