Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Day 2 of recovery

I know you all have been absolutely DYING to hear from me. So yesterday I went in around 11 to get my teeth out. The laughing gas was fun.. a little bit after they put it on me they asked if i felt funny and i said no.. but as i said it i slurred and sort of laughed so they knew it was working just fine. Apparently I was tougher than they expected.. when the doctor put the IV in my arm i was still pretty alert and i felt it but it just felt like a little pinch- the doctor was like "you could've at least said ouch". I tried to keep my eyes focused on the light overhead but they kept gliding up and down... I dont fully recall when i slipped into dream land but it was a nice sleep... i have to say i enjoyed it. I think i woke up a little before they were done becasue i remember hearing them talking and pressure in my mouth but it didnt hurt bc i was so numb. Most stories I've heard from people theyve said how they didnt remember walking to the recovery room or even gettnig home.. i was really alert the whole time. The only part that is semi fuzy was when i first stepped off of the surgery bed thing but i remember being helped into the recovery room and sitting there while i tried to stay awake and keep my body from trembling- i wasnt cold, i just shake sometiems for reasons unknown. It was a little difficult to walk to the car but a lady did try to help. And of course I got to experience the entertainment of my mom and others watch me attempt to eat ice cream as it ran down my numb face. Thanks again to ash mason who left flowers for me as i arrived home! They are so colorful and pretty! (and for visiting me later). And also Jimi and Ty for bringing me BLUE ICE CREAM! and some movies. I half expected for nobody to really bring me ice cream bc of course it would melt before you got here (although it wasnt fully melted and tasted as great as ever!) But the little girl inside me was screaming "Oh PLEASE bring me blue ice cream! You'll be my best friend for ever!" So thanks guys! I wasnt really that swollen yesterday.. it got worse as the night progressed. I have to take like 3 kinds of meds. I woke up like 6 times last night.. i HATE not being able to sleep! I thought id sleep till like at least11 or 12. But i got up for the last time around 9 i think. Today has gone by fast so far... a large bag of ice has lived on my cheeks for the past 2 days- it makes it feel a ton better.. and today i look like a chipmonk bc i have swelled so much. Some of the meds im taking is for swelling but it doesnt seem to be workng so far. So if anyone was still wondering... NO i wont be at prayer meeting tonight and NO you cant invite the whole church over here for prayer meeting jimi... I pretty much look like death and id be afraid theyd come over and conduct a funeral instead of prayer meeting.
Hopefully my face gets back to normal before sunday! I cant sing looking or FEELING like this!
Ive been off the couch for far too long now.. its calling me back along with my bag of ice...
I love you!
peace out

No comments: