Sunday, July 10, 2005

success

Wow, this morning's service was such a blessing to me. For those who dont know, Jeff was out of town therefore Jimi got to preach. Many of us were worried about the number of people that would be there, and how the praise team/band would do. But I didnt recognize any faults we had on the priase team. It all sounded pretty good to me. In first service there were probably about 15-20 people. I have to say i was a bit disappointed. About 2 songs into the worship time it just hit me... I just felt overwhelmed with the holy spirit and its like i didnt even notice anymore how many people we had or that not many of them were singing. It just felt like the spirit was all in that place and taht was the real reason for our worship. I havent felt that good in awhile. So the worship time was great. Next the sermon. I love jimi and his sense of humor. He's not afraid to say anything either. I was warned about his sermon being a bit edgy. At the beginning i felt that way but it realy wasnt like that as he got into it. It was all just truth. The Spirit definitly took over and used Jimi. I got a lot out of it and i believe its what we all needed to hear. I hope it spoke to the hearts of the people today and put them in their place. It did me.
Thanks Jimi for speaking. And thank you Jesus for the message.

Today, my friends, was definitly a success. I haven't felt Jesus like that in a long time. It really doesnt matter how many people come or what they have to say, its all about The Man and praising him for everything he is and does. I'm so tired of negative people in church that complain about everything. It's like they are just trying to get attention. It's NOT about them at all! If they would only look into the eyes of my Jesus and see HIM.

And that was my revelation.

1 comment:

alycepaige said...

awesome my love!!!
c.ALIce